Conquerors Bible Fellowship Church
4616 Broadway, Suite E. www.cbfc.org
Pearland, TX 77584
Immediate Employment Opportunity
Church Business Administrator
(CBA – January 7, 2013)
Job Title: Church Business Administrator / Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Professional; may be filled by non-church member
Employment Type: Part-Time, 25-30 hours per week, 1 year term
Salary Range: $18 - $20 / Hour - Compensation commensurate with experience
Spiritual Gifts: Administration and Serving
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or management preferred
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in business administration or management
Conquerors Bible Fellowship Church (CBFC) is a non-denominational bible teaching church with an average weekly church attendance of 150-200 members. The Senior Pastor provides spiritual leadership and a clear direction of church goals.
Brief Job Summary: Under the direction of the Senior Pastor, the Church Business Administrator (CBA) is responsible for directing the overall business, financial management, day-to-day management, and operations of the CBFC office.
Specific Responsibilities: The CBA duties include, but are not limited to:
Operational Administration and Oversight
The CBA performs all secretarial duties for the Senior Pastor and congregation. This includes preparing Sunday bulletins, correspondence, filing, taking and directing phone calls and email messages, keeping the church calendar up to date and complete, maintaining office equipment, and ordering supplies as needed. Also maintain the church membership database and church records and documents.
1) Provide administrative support to church pastors and managing an organized and efficient church office.
2) Overseeing, Managing and reviewing all church insurance policies to assure policies provide adequate coverage and protection for Senior Pastor.
3) Manage Senior Pastor’s schedule and coordinate operations to ensure effective scheduling of meetings, activities, classes, and community events on the church property.
4) Develop processes to continually improve the operational efficiency of the church office.
5) Maintain neat and orderly filings of all pertinent church documents (legal, fiscal, mail, etc.)
6) Represent the loving and hospitable spirit of CBFC to all who interact with our church office.
7) Weekly/Monthly updates to all files and reports as needed.
8) Special projects as directed by Senior Pastor.
Financial Administration and Oversight
The CBA is responsible for maintaining financial records for the church:
Maintain cash receipts and disbursements. Voucher invoices and write checks. Post all incoming cash/checks to Power Church and update financial data. Pay Senior Pastor's insurance, telephone, medical, dental and professional expenses. Prepare monthly and year-end income and expense reports covering all operations and ministries of the church. Produce, file and distribute appropriate end-of-the year tax forms and reports.
1) Great with figures
2) Work closely with designated finance committee and/or chairpersons in developing the annual operating budgets, along with assisting with capital campaigns as needed.
3) Reviewing and verifying reconciliation of all credit card monthly expenses and ensure the church keeps accurate financial records
4) Reviewing and verifying, tracking, and managing monthly operating expenses confirming that church business units stay within projected monthly expenditures.
5) Auditing all deposits and documentation given to ensure reconciliation and balanced accounts on a quarterly basis.
6) Consult with and advise Senior Pastor regarding financial issues.
7) Provide monthly financial reports for Senior Pastor and designated staff.
Facilities Administration and Oversight
1) Manage operations, repair and maintenance of church offices, buildings, facility equipment and computer systems, all office equipment, properties, and grounds.
2) Provide oversight of the church master calendar and scheduling of all facilities.
3) Work closely with the cleaning contractor to ensure ongoing cleanliness and upkeep of all church facilities.
4) Evaluate, order and maintain appropriate levels of necessary church supplies (office, kitchen, worship, etc.)
5) Ensure that vendor relationships, invoices, purchases, contracts, and services are processed & performed in a timely manner.
Human Relations Administration and Oversight
1) Ability to maintain confidentiality and pleasant phone manner.
2) Participate in staff planning meetings.
3) Delegate tasks to others as assigned.
4) Maintain employee files, church member files, mail outs, incoming mail, etc.
5) Ensure that the church remains in compliance with state and federal labor practices.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in finance and/or business administration
Knowledge of accounting practices and bookkeeping procedures
Previous church administrative experience desirable
Must be proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software products
PowerChurch, Desktop Publishing, and QuickBooks software experience preferred
Possess strong interpersonal capabilities including both written and oral communications skills
Be well organized, self starter, analytical, detailed oriented
Become familiar with the organization of the church as well as its policies and procedures
Dependable, discreet, integrity, friendly, professional, well organized and neat
Background check and drug testing will be required
Compensation is negotiable based upon experience and qualifications
-Hours: to be coordinated and approved by Senior Pastor
-Performance Review: 30 days, 90 days and 6 months after person begins work
-Benefits: part-time positions are not eligible for benefits
-Each party can terminate employment within 30 day notice
Resumes can be mailed to church address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Church Administrator
Time Type: Part Time
Job Category: Business/Administration
Organization Type: Church
Denomination: Non-Denomination Christian
Worship Style: Traditional
Church Size: 150 - 250
Organization Name: Conquerors Bible Fellowship Church
Contact Name: La June Dixon
Title: Human Resource Director
Address1: 4616 Broadway, Suite E.
State or Province: TX
ZIP Code: 77584
Salary: $20,000 - $30,000
Date Modified: 1/9/2013
Job Category: Business Admin
Job Status: Part-Time
Worship Style: Traditional