Job Title: Assistant Children’s Pastor
Reports To: Children’s Pastor
Department: Children’s Ministry
Summary: The Assistant Children’s Pastor will train and be in transition to assume the role of Children’s Pastor and will assist the Children’s Pastor in administering the day-to-day operation of the preschool and elementary program. The Assistant Children’s Pastor will help create and facilitate a comprehensive, innovative, and biblically-based children's program for nursery through 5th grade.
• Born-again believer
• Passionate about children and ministering the gospel to this age group
• Be a self-motivated, people oriented individual, who can create, develop and implement effective ministry strategies for his or her key areas of responsibilities.
• Committed to teamwork within Children’s Ministry as well as volunteer staff
• Training and experience relevant to the position, preferably a Bachelor’s Degree and 1 - 2 years of similar work experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Children’s Pastor include but are not limited to:
• Plan, direct and administer the Sunday and Wednesday services for nursery, preschool, and elementary program
• Effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, which can consist of pastoral staff, team members, church partners, volunteers, key community members, parents and kids.
• Plan and coordinate major Children’s Ministry events throughout the year.
• Work with Service Coordinators and Volunteer Coordinators in regards to volunteer staffing and support.
• Assist in maintaining communication with parents through email, mailings, phone calls, church web site, social media and seek to intentionally incorporate parents whenever possible
• Create fun, interactive and age appropriate curriculum for Nursery, Preschool and Elementary age students.
• Supply volunteers with curriculum and materials needed for class activities
• Recruit, train, encourage, and direct volunteers and teachers
• Participate in Children’s worship services as directed and as needed.
• Help to coordinate outreach events targeting children in the community such as community outreach and celebration events at the church.
Salary: $28,000 - $35,000
Date Modified: 1/3/2013
Job Category: Children's Pastor
Job Status: Full-Time
Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and Worship)