Children's Director, Middletown, Orange County, NY
Middletown, Orange County, NY
Transformation Church is growing and is looking for a Children’s Director. TC consistently has 100+ children attending two Sunday services, and expects continued growth.
Are you passionate about helping children learn about Jesus, connecting families to the life of the church, and assembling & growing a caring team of volunteers?
Are you intrigued by the idea of creating the “best hour of a child’s week” each Sunday?
Can you recruit, train and develop a team of volunteers to show God’s love on a weekly basis to an ever-expanding group of children?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of “serving as part of discipleship” and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched families?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference in the lives of the children and families that God is sending to TC.
1. Leadership, growth and innovation of TC Kids ministry – including everything from curriculum and teaching to safety and security to volunteer recruitment and training and environment designs.
2. Requires the ability to effectively lead a team and to raise up new volunteers at a rapid rate. Solid organizational, administrative, and communication skills are a must.
3. Must be extremely hard-working and demonstrate a “whatever it takes” attitude to get things done with excellence.
4. Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
A solid calling to children's ministry
The ability to manage a growing children’s ministry system
A passion for the Bible and innovation
An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
A team player
A positive attitude
A risk taker
Experience with and passion for children and family ministry
A drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
A high commitment to the local church
A background in childhood education or children's ministry
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER and picture will be considered. The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable transitioning into this role and leading TC Kids to the next level?
(3) And what about you that makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
$35,000-$39,000/year salary to start depending on experience and can increase with growth.
Salary: $35k - $39k
Job Category: Children's Pastor
Job Status: Full-time
Denomination: Assembly of God
Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and worship)
* Job openings and resume postings do not reflect the views of ChurchJobFinder.com and are not endorsed by the site.