Full time Children'
River of Life is a vibrant and growing church of over 500 people in The Orlando, FL area that is multi-ethnic, missional, and passionate about equipping people to be fully devoted followers of Christ.
Position – Children’s Pastor for infants through 5th grade
• Responsible for ministry development, resourcing and oversight of the children’s (birth-6th grade) ministries including the related calendar and coordination
• Responsible for the recruiting, training and mentoring of adult volunteers and the multiplication of volunteer leadership
• Serve as an advocate for spiritual formation of children before staff, congregation, and elders. Being the liaison between the spiritual interests of children and the staff, leadership, congregation and the church board
• Challenge children to be missional, i.e. support missions locally and around the world, integration of missionaries into weekly services, servant evangelism and local outreach all for the purpose of reaching the lost.
• Continue education and access to innovations through seminars, conferences, and other lifelong learning opportunities.
• Oversight of “teachers” through, but not limited to, screening, ongoing training, and appreciation.
• Planning and carrying out a security plan for all of those involved with Children’s ministry (i.e. security check-in and retrieval, evacuation plan, volunteer screening, first-aid, CPR training).
• Responsible for the creation and development of strategic events including, but not limited to VBS, children’s ministry area at annual block parties, special holiday events, Convoy of Hope: Kids Zone and other major outreach events.
- Coordinate regular activities
- develop relationships with kids and their families
- bring excitement and creativity o kids ministry
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
• Must have a deep LOVE for children, a direct calling to minister to them, and a passion to build relationships with them
• previous experience is a bonus
• Experience and passion to recruit and lead volunteer teams
• A Christian testimony, personal soul winner and disciple maker
• Excellent verbal, administrative, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- media/video editing and graphic design abilities a bonus
- creativity with set design. Able to design and build sets.
If you are interested in applying for this position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Position: Children’s Pastor” in the subject line, and include the following:
2. Cover Letter
3. 3 References
The Cover Letter should answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. Define your call to ministry.
3. What makes you stand out from the other candidates?
Date Modified: 11/12/2012
Job Category: Children's Pastor
Job Status: Full-Time
Denomination: Assembly of God
Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and Worship)