Pastor of Adult Discipleship and Community Groups, Cornelius, NC
PASTOR OF ADULT DISCIPLESHIP AND COMMUNITY GROUPS
Grace Covenant Church—Cornelius, North Carolina
Reports to: Senior Pastor
As “point leader” for Adult Discipleship and Community Groups, the Pastor will oversee campus classes and Community Groups. The Pastor will help adults grow in their faith through discipleship and community, so they live out a lifestyle of “disciples make disciples”.
Desired attributes will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Being a team player
• Respecting administrative responsibilities
• Commitment to learning and growing
• Humility in serving others
• People management
• Passion to see people become connected in healthy community
• Understanding of why we do what we do = spiritual formation
• Ability to teach as well as help others teach
• Faith Foundations: Requirements include saving faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the Grace Covenant Church mission, core values and essentials of faith.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant practical experience required.
• Experience: Leading a small group and facilitation of small-group ministry and a proven track record of adult discipleship.
• Skills: Excellent relational, recruiting and training skills required. Good overall health and physical mobility required. Administrative and teaching proficiencies required.
Specific functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Recruit, train and shepherd Community Group leaders and teachers for campus classes.
• Provide ongoing development and follow-up for existing leaders.
• Give leadership to the Marriage Ministry team.
• Give leadership to the Financial Stewardship team.
• Collaborate with pastoral oversight of various affinity groups for the development, coaching and equipping of affinity-based Community Groups.
• Collaborate with Connections for integration and discipleship of new believers.
• Develop and implement promotional strategy for each Community Group session and Adult Discipleship opportunities.
• Coordinate and oversee workflow of ministry support team.
• Communicate through the website current groups and adult discipleship opportunities.
• Facilitate and maintain registration systems for discipleship opportunities.
• Maintain precise record-keeping for Community Groups and campus classes.
• Fulfill general Pastoral responsibilities such as—Holiday services, hospital visitations, nurturing people in crisis, annual Prayer Summit and other special events.
Job Category: Discipleship Pastor
Job Status: Interim
Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and worship)
* Job openings and resume postings do not reflect the views of ChurchJobFinder.com and are not endorsed by the site.