Middle School Pastor
Middle School Student Development Leader of Living Hope Baptist Church
The MSP shall earnestly seek to lead people and create processes that enable students in this age group to get to God, grow in Christ and give to others and develop into Christian leaders.
II. Lines of Accountability
Under the Lord, the MSP will be responsible to the Student Ministries Pastor with regard to overall direction and mission and to the Church Administrator in the day-to-day matters related to the carrying out of his ministry. He will be ultimately responsible to the Sr. Pastor, Church Administrator, and Elders in matters of vision and values and to the Personnel Committee with regard to policy and reviews. The ideal for staff relationships is joyful camaraderie and creative complementation of gifts and ministries.
In Summary --
To: Student Ministries Pastor, Elders and Personnel Committee, Senior Pastor and Church Administrator
With: Other Pastoral Staff
For: Other Ministries personnel, staff and volunteer
III. Personal Relationship with the Lord
The MSP will be an ordained pastor who will diligently seek a vital and growing personal relationship with the Lord. He will be a student of the Scriptures and a man of prayer. In this way he will keep watch over himself and over the flock (Acts 20:28) and pay close attention to himself as well as his doctrine (I Tim. 4:16). Under God's strong hand He will seek to manage his own household well (I Tim. 3:4,5) by loving his wife as Christ loved the church (Eph. 5:25) and by bringing his children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Eph. 6:4). In all areas of life and witness he will seek to shepherd the people of Living Hope Baptist Church by being an example to the flock (I Peter 5:3).
He will be a member in good standing of Living Hope Baptist Church, or become a member within three months of beginning the MSP position. The MSP will be a man who fulfills the elder qualifications found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. He will have a well-articulated, zealous passion for fulfilling the Great Commission. The MSP is to have significant experience in effective discipleship or pastoral ministry. He should possess good interpersonal skills, proven administrative abilities, be a team player and be committed to the local church. He must enthusiastically embrace the vision, mission, and values of Living Hope Baptist Church. He must also be theologically compatible with the pastoral staff.
V. Ministry Responsibilities
The middle school ministry exists to help students get to God, grow in Christ, and give to others.
A. Middle School Ministry (MSM)
1. General Ministry responsibilities
• To Lead and Oversee the MSM
• Advice the staff concerning the middle school students of LH.
• Develop the ministry budget and strategic plan and over oversee its implementation.
• Ensure that all aspects of the MSM are working together.
• Develop programming and ministry opportunities that stay within the three G’s of this church’s mission statement.
• Help students understand their spiritual giftedness and help them find a position of service in the church and/or the community.
• Be available to counsel students.
• Visit students at various school extracurricular events.
• Speak at area school events.
• Recruit and train the various volunteers for the MSM.
• Provide opportunities for Parents to learn Biblical ways that will assist them in raising their child(ren).
• Prepare to integrate the 5th and 6th grade Bridge Ministry into His care by working closely and collaboratively with Student Ministries pastor and Children’s Minister.
• Once integrated provide for that ministry the same bullet points of general ministry responsibilities as above.
Date Modified: 3/28/2012
Job Category: Jr. High Pastor
Job Status: Full-Time
Denomination: Baptist -Southern
Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and Worship)