JOY is a multi-site church looking for a Full-time Missions Director (or Pastor). Missions is one of JOY Christian Fellowship’s (www.joychurch.com) three core values. JOY pre-allocates a significant amount of its offerings towards missions. This commitment is to help allow JOY to make significant differences for God’s Kingdom both locally and globally, bringing the Gospel to unreached peoples, caring for the poor and seeking spiritual revival in North America.
Summary of Duties
• Oversee the implementation of on-going creative missions awareness for every generational age level.
• Expose the congregation to global issues related to God’s heart for the nations by organizing classes, seminars, conferences pertaining to general missions education of the church body.
• Provide resources & guidance for those that would like to enter the missions field for midterm or long-term missions work.
• Rally, prepare, train, and debrief short-term missions teams for fieldwork.
• Lead local serving opportunities for ministry to the poor.
• Raise up lay involvement in various aspects of missions sending & going.
2. Edification (Missionary Care)
• Maintain a relationship & encourage our missionaries abroad.
• Find ways of connecting our congregation to our supporting missionaries by praying for them and/or encouraging them.
• Keep missionaries accountable
• Care for their needs and provide support when missionaries come for a visit or sabbatical.
3. Allocation (Missions Giving)
• Oversee distribution of missions fund consistent with strategic objective of church.
• Heart for missions and for mobilizing people towards missions
• Missions experience abroad is preferred but not required
• Strong Administrator (e.g. a person who has experience being responsible for running a business, organization, etc.)
• Fluent in English, strong communicator, does not have to be Asian-American.
• Minimum Bachelors Degree
• Basic Computer Skills- Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Fluent in English
Compensation: Salary about $40-60k (depends on experience) plus health and dental insurance.
Contact: send cover letter and resume to senior pastor Danny Han, dannyhan @ joychurch.com.
Salary: $40,000 - $60,000
Date Modified: 12/11/2012
Job Category: Missions Pastor
Job Status: Full-Time
Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and Worship)