Minister of Music - African American Baptist Church, Kokomo, IN
We are a growing, dynamic church committed to PREACHING, TEACHING, & REACHING! The ideal candidate must be more than a gifted musician, and must be progressive in implementing a serious, Biblically sound, spiritual and systematical approach to ministering to a congregation through music. He/she will have the chance to work with amazing voices that love the Lord and are willing to work to make the ministry what God is requiring of them. We are an 88 year old church, predominately African American. We wholeheartedly embrace being Missionary Baptist and totally embrace Baptist doctrine (which is Biblical) and polity. We are a growing congregation that has a history of a spontaneous, explosive and dynamic worship service; in short, we love to praise the Lord.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* Must be born again
* Must be Biblically sound
* Must be serious about the WORD of GOD as it pertains to his/her own growth
* Spirit led and with an energetic spirit.
* Must be a Christian and an active member of a Christian congregation
* Support of the vision of the Senior Pastor
* Commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings; moreover, should be present in a Christian Education class.
* Have a passion for worship and a vibrant prayer life
* Personal integrity and a high motivation in the fulfillment of ministry duties
* Strong leadership, organization, and teamwork skills
* Must be able to thrive under the scrutiny of a highly visible church leadership position
* Ability to work in cooperation with others in the Music Ministry
* Ability to relate well to all ages
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to organize traditional and contemporary style worship
* Ability to teach and direct music (reading music is a true plus, but not mandatory)
* Demonstrates ability to produce original Christian music is highly desirable
* Competence in teaching parts is a must; in fact, it’s mandatory
* Proficiency in playing the organ (Our Pastor loves an aggressive organist that is an asset to worship and not distractive)
* Ability to play piano, keyboard or other instruments is a plus
* Strong familiarity with gospel music, traditional hymns and contemporary Christian music
* Ability to be musically creative and innovative to inspire authentic, passionate worship
* Ability to arrange various elements of worship to complement the pastor’s message
* Be Spirit led and not afraid to think out of the box, but stay true to doctrine!
* Must have the ability to train other musicians (the band)
* Be punctual and pleasant
* Exhibit flexibility when working with the choirs
* Work with soloists, duets, trios, ensembles, and church instrumentalists
* Develop lead voices in the various choirs
* Assist with the Music Calendar
* Bring music to the program to the glory of God; that exudes excellence; and is edifying to the congregation
* Assist with Special Days and other programs
* Salary is negotiable
* Relocation is negotiable
* DVD’s, CD’s, and/or YouTube clips displaying your skills are a plus, please send.
* or send resume to: email@example.com
Job Category: Other
Job Status: Full-time
Denomination: Baptist -- Other
Worship Style: Blended
* Job openings and resume postings do not reflect the views of ChurchJobFinder.com and are not endorsed by the site.