Position Title: Senior Minister
Church: St Paul’s Presbyterian Church
Contact person: Rev. Shaun Seaman (Interim Moderator) firstname.lastname@example.org
971 Woodroffe Ave
St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church Ottawa, Ontario is seeking a senior minister to lead St. Paul’s in the 21st century. St. Paul’s has a strong evangelical heritage that permeates the Sunday morning services and its weekly activities. It is a medium size church with average Sunday attendance of 320 people.
The congregation at St. Paul’s is vibrant and growing, and many ages and nationalities are represented each Sunday in its two morning services (contemporary and traditional worship styles). One of the strengths of St. Paul’s is the sense of community that is reflected in a genuine welcome to newcomers and to pastoral care for those in need within the congregation. Historically and presently, St. Paul’s has a missions focus both to overseas and local organizations. A variety of small groups meet during the week in the church building among them children’s groups, AA meetings, adult small groups and prayer meetings.
We are looking for someone who has a deep knowledge of the Bible whose gifts include:
- strong biblical preaching and the leading of Christ-centered worship
- serving people in times of illness, death, job loss or other difficult times in their personal lives
- equipping church members (integrating Christian faith with life)
- leadership development (planning for and sharing in the training of leaders for church programs)
- personal and spiritual development (providing resources and guidance to assist members in their spiritual growth)
The senior pastor should be able to lead, encourage and support the other four paid church staff, as well as the lay leaders and other volunteers in the church.
The successful candidate will need to meet the requirements for ordination in the Presbyterian Church in Canada.
Date Modified: 10/10/2013
Job Category: Senior Pastor
Job Status: Full-Time
Worship Style: Multiple Styles