At Hilltop our desire is to connect people with God, with others and with God’s purpose for their life.
Build a relationship with God
Build relationships with others
The Pastor of Worship/Arts at HCC is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion for music and the role it plays in congregational worship; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment; and someone who is able to envision and energize a community to expressions of worship.
The Worship Team Leader guides the Worship Team and the congregation in worship during weekly services. The Worship Team Leader is responsible for building an effective worship team and leading them through rehearsals and services. Responsibilities include:
1) Leading the Worship Team during weekly services, special services and events - singing, praying, sharing, praising and may include playing an instrument.
2) Evaluating and selecting vocalists and musicians.
3) Planning and organizing rehearsals.
4) Selecting songs and music for Worship.
5) Encourage others on the team to develop leadership skills
6) Lead worship service from a guitar or keyboard.
7) Keep up with contemporary worship music as it changes with time.
8) Learn new songs and music.
9) Ensuring the written worship (song lyrics) is made available to the congregation.
10) Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor volunteer worship members and leaders.
11) Be able to draw the attendees into a worship experience.
12) Oversee, develop technicians, install updated software for the sound and lighting.
13) Correct any performance or equipment deficiencies.
14) Attend worship training, conferences or concerts. Continue to improve your worship skills.
15) Arrive early to ensure equipment and team members are physically and spiritually prepared and ready for worship.
16) Participate in setting up equipment, sound check and dismantling equipment.
17) Collaborating with other Church leaders and teams to ensure an overall professional worship experience for church attendees.
18) Support the worship requirements for the youth programs/children's programs/Hilltop Learning Center when required.
19) Develop and build relationships with local musicians, sound engineers etc.
1) Is a member of Hilltop Community Church.
2) Is in agreement with HCC Statement of Faith, mission statement and core values.
3) Maintains a close personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
4) Ongoing personal reading/study is taking place to advance learning of the Christian faith.
5) Possesses strong musical ability.
6) Able to teach, instruct and direct a band uniquely for our worship. This is to exalt and honor Jesus Christ.
7) Facilitate, when needed, assistance in drama and dance for services/events.
8) Growing knowledge and appreciation for spiritual and secular music from the past and present.
9) Able to mentor others with wisdom, tact and grace.
Your résumé must include a video of you leading worship. Please include a link to a video or notify us if you are sending a DVD.
We will be accepting résumés until October 31, 2012.
For more information on Hilltop Community Church please visit our website: hilltopcommunity.org
Lake Havasu City, Arizona, is a unique city of over 50,000, incorporated in 1978 and situated in the western deserts of Arizona. The city is located three hours south of Las Vegas, three hours west of Phoenix, and five hours east of Los Angeles. Lake Havasu City sits on the shores of the 45 mile long Lake Havasu, which is formed by Parker Dam on the Colorado River. Lake Havasu is home to the London Bridge, and is a hot spot for college spring break and summer activities. The lake is a major draw for visitors from Southern California. Lake Havasu City also has many winter visitors who relocate to the area during the winter months. The city has a hospital, community college, and a campus of Arizona State University.
For more information on Lake Havasu City please use the following link: http://www.lhcaz.gov/aboutUs.html
Salary: $30,000 - $38,000
Date Modified: 9/11/2012
Job Category: Worship Pastor
Job Status: Full-Time
Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and Worship)