First United Methodist Church in Bloomington, IN (four blocks from Indiana University) is looking for a Christ-centered, delegating leader who will disciple youth and college-age adults.
This position entails providing leadership and direction for youth and co-leading the college-age program (Jubilee). This person will collaborate with church staff and adult volunteers to create a comprehensive and diverse faith-based program, which will facilitate the students’ growth in a safe and secure environment. The Director will work to create opportunities for youth and college-age adults that foster community, challenge their faith, and encourage them to grow together as individuals and as a community.
• Develop and lead programming that articulates the vision of the church community and engages youth and college-age adults in the ongoing discernment and accomplishment of the vision.
• Organize and lead youth and college-age activities including fellowship activities, service opportunities, and spiritual growth
• Conduct on-going outreach to youth, youth’s parents and college-age adults, encouraging their participation and soliciting their input and feedback in the respective areas of ministry.
• Connect with youth and college age adults outside of church related activities(theater, sports activities, etc.)
• Maintain electronic communication including social media and email, oral communication and written communication with youth, youth parents, college-age adults, volunteers, and the wider congregation
• Establish and maintain health, release, and safety records for youth, college-age adults, and volunteers
• Establish budget and monitor expenditures
• Preferred Bachelor's or advanced degree (in related field, preferable)
• Energetic and passionate in dealing with youth and college-age adults
• Experienced and sensitive in dealing with the emotional and developmental needs of youth and college-age adults
• Deals effectively with conflict
• Able to plan and lead youth and college-age adult programming, while building teams of volunteers to help support and run programs
• Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to work effectively with diverse leaders, volunteers, and members of a church congregation
• Excellent relational skills; able to communicate one-on-one and in large groups with people of all ages
Position can be part or full-time depending on experience, skill set, and availability of the candidate. Must have Sunday availability. Resume and references required. Desired start date is mid-July 2013.
Please submit resumes with references to Rev. Stacee Fischer Gehring at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will begin in May.
Date Modified: 5/16/2013
Job Category: Youth Pastor
Job Status: Full-Time
Denomination: United Methodist
Worship Style: Multiple Styles