Contact: Phil Jacobs
Address: PO Box 123 Middleburg Fl 32050
JOB FOCUS: Create and maintain a loving Christian Education environment for youth beginning with rising 6th graders through 12th grade.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY: The Youth Director will supervise all spiritual growth, educational, service, and social programs and activities for all 6th-12th grade youth.
As a minimum the Youth Director will demonstrate the following:
1. A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and a strong desire to serve within the church;
2. A sense of calling to youth ministry;
3. Demonstrate the ability to work with youth;
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
5. Ability to plan, organize, lead and guide youth activities;
6. Competence in basic lay counseling and listening skills;
7. Willingness to work cooperatively with others and to be flexible.
8. The ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality;
9. Weekly attendance at worship and Sunday School at MUMC is expected;
10. At least two year’s experience.
In addition, this position requires:
1. Clear background check;
2. Complete approved Child Protection Policy Class;
3. Provide 3 references (personal and employee).
Date Modified: 2/5/2013
Job Category: Youth Pastor
Job Status: Part-Time
Denomination: United Methodist
Worship Style: Multiple Styles