Student Pastor, Hartwell, GA
Mt. Olivet Baptist Church
Principle Function: Student Pastor will work under the supervision of the pastor to plan and implement worship events, church programs, outreach, and learning opportunities. As Student Pastor / Associate Pastor, he will serve as a spiritual mentor, teacher, advisor, and counselor.
Supervision: Youth Pastor / Associate Pastor is directly responsible to the pastor for assignments and the fulfillment of the ministry. The pastor is responsible to the church. The personnel committee will supervise all staff employees as to job performance and fulfillment of required duties.
Responsibility: Youth Pastor / Associate Pastor is expected to be involved with the total church program. He will be expected to keep church office hours, working and preparing with other church staff. A total of 40 hours per week is required and he will be granted 2 days off each week. He will receive 2 weeks vacation per year.
1. Minister to Youth and Children.
2. Coordinate activities for Youth and Children.
3. Evaluate and revamp programs that are already in place.
4. Organize Sunday School, discipleship training and
Wednesday night youth programs and assist with children’s programs.
5. Plan special projects for children and youth, such as: youth trips, camps, retreats and fund raisers.
6. Organize weekly visitation for youth, prospective youth
and their families.
7. Help recruit, organize and train volunteer workers for hildren and youth Sunday School classes and
Wednesday night classes.
1. Fill in for Pastor while he is out of town.
2. Assist Pastor as needed
3. Assist in and coordinate activities for children.
4. Maintain Commercial Drivers License to assist groups
5. Assist with sound and computer equipment.
Salary: $30k - $38k
Job Category: Youth Pastor
Job Status: Full-time
Denomination: Baptist -- Southern (SBC)
Worship Style: Multiple styles
* Job openings and resume postings do not reflect the views of ChurchJobFinder.com and are not endorsed by the site.