JUNE 1: LAST DAY TO SUBMIT RESUME!!
Looking for a youth pastor that will generally match the following profile: Female or male; mid-20’s to mid-30’s; married or securely single; a heart for young people and families; a love for the local church; relational and community-minded; good at delegation and team building; patient; teachable. Though this position is not contractual, we are looking for someone who believes they can commit to 5+ years serving our youth.
The purpose of the Youth Pastor is to provide 6th-12th grade students with additional pastoral care, equipping, and encouragement for their active involvement in the various ministries of the church (i.e., social action, education, evangelism, etc.).
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide a meeting once per week during the school year where youth are offered opportunities for personal transformation, and spiritual growth in the presence and w\word of God in a safe setting.
• Lead and facilitate outreach and service opportunities for young people.
• Cooperate with other church ministries and staff in reaching families of students who attend meetings.
• Lead, facilitate, and guide youth in participation at a youth camp during the summer.
• Provide other opportunities for youth equipping as deemed necessary by the youth pastor and/or Leadership Team.
• Provide pastoral care and oversight to the youth of Fellowship of Christians.
Date Modified: 5/28/2014
Job Category: Youth Pastor
Job Status: Part-Time
Worship Style: Contemporary (Praise and Worship)