YOUTH PASTOR JOB Announcement
Dungeness Community Church, located two-hours west of Seattle on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula of Washington State, is seeking a highly relational, dynamic, and focused servant-leader to join a pastoral team that is committed to an integrated, collaborative, and collegial approach to ministry.
Dungeness Community Churches approach to ministry is guided by its core values and beliefs as outlined on the DCC website at www.dcchurch.org/beliefs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the character, competence, and chemistry reflected in these values, and will have the freedom to create a unique program to serve the needs of the youth of DCC and the local community.
Anyone that has a passion for youth ministry, a demonstrated ability to build successful relationships with youth, a desire to be part of a missional church, the organizational skills to manage a comprehensive program that ministers to youth from the 6th-12th grade, and has a great sense of humor and fun-loving attitude, is encouraged to apply for the position of Youth Pastor.
Qualifications/strengths being sought in applicants include:
• An outgoing and approachable personality characterized by a high amount of energy and enthusiasm for engaging the youth of today.
• An ability to build successful relationships with youth, parents, pastoral colleagues, and other co-workers on a one-to-one basis.
• A vibrant Christian faith and walk, with Biblically-sound doctrinal beliefs.
• An effective teacher/communicator
• A developer that has the ability to recruit, train, and equip both student and adult leaders.
• Tech-savvy, applying technology as tools for ministry.
• Strong organizational skills, to maintain order amidst the complexity and detail of various, simultaneous ministry components.
• An ability to think creatively and innovate accordingly.
• Bible school or seminary degree required
• At least two years experience as youth pastor preferred
For a detailed job description and copy of our Doctrinal Statement, Please visit our website at www.dcchurch.org (click the “News/Events” tab).
Please e-mail a resume, detailed cover-letter that addresses the above qualifications/strengths and job description, and current family photo to email@example.com. On a separate page, please answer the following questions:
1. Describe your philosophy of ministry (250 words)
2. Describe how your doctrinal beliefs align with those of DCC (250 words)
3. Describe your calling to be a Youth Pastor and how your experience and education demonstrate that calling with specific examples (250 words) (new)
Position open until filled. For priority consideration, please submit all application Materials by Dec. 28, 2012.
Date Modified: 11/14/2012
Job Category: Youth Pastor
Job Status: Full-Time
Worship Style: Blended